The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides public access to information held by public authorities.
Environmental Information Regulations
Certain information is available under the Environmental Information Regulations. These regulations support the Freedom of Information Act and provide and expand the right of access in respect of environmental information.
The Publication Scheme
Under Freedom of Information legislation we are required to provide a Publication Scheme. Our website acts as our publication scheme, the following should assist you in finding the information you are looking for.
- Who we are and what we do
- Our priorities and how we are doing
- Our services
- Our policies and procedures
- What we spend and how we spend it
- How we make decisions
- Lists and registers
Re-Use of Public Sector Information
Most documents supplied in response to a Freedom of Information request will be subject to copyright protection. You are free to use these documents for your own information. However, any other re-use, for example commercial publication, will require the permission of the copyright holder. If you wish to re-use other materials, you will need to obtain permission from the person or organisation that produced them.
Please note that in the interest of National Security (S24), Cleveland Fire Brigade no longer provides the following vehicle fleet data:
- Vehicle registration number plates
- Vehicle call signs
Fees / Time Limit
- Prescribed Costs
- Appropriate Limit (no charge is made if the time spent, is less then 18.5 hours)
- Allowed maximum £450
- 20 working days
- Clock stopped between issue of a Fees Notice and fee being paid
- Clock may be stopped to enable the Public Interest to be assessed
If Information Not Supplied
- Applicant can use the Internal Complaints Procedure
- Applicant can complain directly to the Information Commissioner
- Commissioner can issue Information Notice, Decision Notice or Enforcement Notice
How to request information
1. Write to –
Freedom of Information Officer
Cleveland Fire Brigade Headquarters
Training and Administration Hub
Queens Meadow Business Park
Quoting your Name and Full Address or email for reply, including the information or documents you would like access to.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/